- Published on Tuesday, 12 December 2017 13:00
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 419
Orange Tree Samples presents Evolution Songwriter, a reproduction of the legendary Gibson J-45, a steel stringed acoustic guitar that can be heard on countless albums of singers over the past decades.
In the production of Evolution Songwriter guitar, we aimed to create a tool with a diverse tonal palette, starting from the iconic sounds of the 60s and 70s, providing many excellent, ready-to-use preset sound settings for songwriters and producers.
The library was developed in collaboration with William Derganc, who not only sampled the acoustic guitar, but also was closely associated with the development process, the creation of factory presets, patterns and custom chord variants for the library.
A set of samples Orange Tree Samples - Evolution Songwriter was passed through a multitrack cassette recorder. The tape signal adds a saturation to the sound of the guitar, and we decided to leave the vibrations of the tone and other artifacts that give a special character. When the tape signal option is selected, you will notice that in the background, a constant noise level is reproduced - the volume of this parameter is adjustable and can always be completely turned off.
This instrument was inspired by a wide range of artists, including The Beatles, Joni Mitchell and the more modern sound of Iron & Wine and The Dirty Projectors.
- Built-in effects engine for instantly-usable acoustic guitar tones.
- Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
- Powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching and non-latching keyswitches, and more.
- Multitracking up to quadruple tracking.
- 11.2 GB (compressed to 5.2 GB using the lossless NCW audio format) of 24-bit samples.
- Articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, natural harmonics, plus special effects like string slaps, guitar body hits, and more.
- MIDI articulations for instant octaves, grace notes, buzz trills, whole-step slides, whole-step hammer-ons, and slides (velocity-based and tempo-synced).
- Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
- The articulations have 3 dynamics, 2 pick directions (when applicable), and 2x round-robin.